Wednesday, February 13, 2008

the barenaked ladies are going to be upset about this.

Here are two more casualties in my ongoing search for Tartrazine-free products. See previous posts on this topic here and here.

1. Kraft Dinner. Yes. Our beloved national pastime, Kraft Dinner contains Tartrazine. How sad. I've always wondered how they got it that colour. Now I know: Tar Coal. Yum Yum.

2. Bick's Baby Dill Pickles Tangy No Garlic. I don't care what colour my pickles are. Especially the Tangy No Garlic ones. Why do manufacturers feel the need to put Tar Coal in my food?! Excuse me. Food manufacturers. I'm pretty sure you can create the same colour with Tumeric. And better yet, Tumeric is actually good for you.

Wake up Food Manufacturers. Consumers don't want poison in their food. I for one, am not buying it anymore. Who's with me?

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm with you!

But then, we switched to whole wheat pastas only last year. And I hate pickles.

Green jellow though. That was a blow.

Retiredandcrazy said...

Please pick up your new award from my post!

Robin said...

I am with you as long as you add in a boycott of Red dye #40 with it. Why do we have to have all that cr#$#p in our food.

Corey~living and loving said...

HI! I found you through RC. :)

I am in agreement here. I am sick of all the CRAP in our food.

I like Annie's brand mac and cheese, as it has like 4 ingredients...and there are all whole foods. whew...

have a great weekend.