Monday, February 4, 2008

killer ants.

Here's a quirk for you:
I am deathly afraid of and horrified by ants. But that's not the quirk. The quirky part is that I only fear and loathe ants if they are indoors.

If I see an ant outside, no problem. Crawling up my leg on the patio? Swat. Have a nice day little ant. Joining my picnic in the park? Here. Have a sandwich little ant.

Scurrying across my kitchen counter towards the goat's cheese? Oh holy mother of God. It's an ant. Hyperventilation followed by trembling followed by trepidation. Near panic attack.

Breathe. Must. Call. Husband. Breathe.

Deal with ant. Breathe. Husband. Breathe. Quick.

(And no, by the way, I'm not scared of spiders in the least. I'll pick them up in my hand and show them to the door if I find them inside my home.)


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Okay. That -is- quirky. Thank you for making a freaky chick like me feel mildly normal for a few milliseconds.

laughing alone in the dark said...

I'm nuts like that. Be sure to check out the rest of my quirks already posted. New ones coming soon.