Thursday, February 7, 2008

new scrapbook layouts.

Two new layouts from the few minutes I had yesterday while Csilla played independently. (Today was another story. She wouldn't leave my side for five minutes!)

The first layout is Csilla with her auntie Janny, who Csilla just adores. I'm really into super-simple one-page layouts right now. I love getting a page done in under twenty minutes. It's fun and ultra satisfying to actually accomplish something!

All stickers are from my beloved Scenic Route. The flower is from the dollar store. The brad is SEI and the bling is from K&Company. I just love the look of a stitched border!


This second one is Csilla with her uncle Gordie. She also adores him to pieces.

The polka-dot tape is from Imagination Project and the stickers are from Scenic Route (again). And of course, more stitching. Love it!

Here's a tip: When I finished the second layout here, I looked at it and realized that everything was positioned too far to the right for my taste. I wanted more white space on the right. So, I simply cut out the entire body of the layout and glued it down to a new piece of cardstock, only this time, I positioned it on the page in a way that appealed to me more. (If you look closely, you can see the border of the original layout). Easy solution.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Niiiice! Seriously, if I keep getting inundated with the eye candy here I'll end up converted to this funky passion of yours.

laughing alone in the dark said...

Watch out. Scrapbooking is highly addictive. Of course, if you have lots of time and money to start a new addiction then go for it!

Angella said...

I have yet to branch out from stamping to scrapping, but I'm tempted!

The Rotten Correspondent said...

I'm in awe that you can do that. I don't have the patience or the talent, but I sure do like looking at what other people do.

It looks terrific.

The Rotten Correspondent said...

you have an award at my place...

Carolyn said...

Rotten - you're too kind!