Friday, February 8, 2008

omg. somebody gave me an award.

I'm so grateful just to have been nominated.

What?

Me?

I won?

Wow! My first ever award for writing this silly little blog.

First, I'd like to thank Confessions of a Rotten Correspondent for bestowing upon me this prestigious award. Flattery will get you everywhere. When Oprah hooks me up with my wildest dreams, I'll be sure to throw something your way.

Next, I would like to thank my husband and my mother, for without them, none of this would be possible. Literally. I mean it. If it wasn't for them, who would be looking after Csilla so I could type this silly little blog?

Next, I'd also like to the thank the sushi man down the street who makes dinner for us every Friday night so I can slave over my keyboard instead of slaving over a hot stove.

And finally, while I'm at it, I've always loved Reese Witherspoon's Academy Award acceptance speech, so I'd like to quote from it now:

"Oh, my goodness. I never thought I'd be here my whole life growing up in Tennessee."

Ooops. Not that part. This part:

"I am so blessed to have my family here tonight. My mother and my father are here. And I just want to say thank you so much for everything, for being so proud of me. It didn't matter if I was making my bed or making a movie. They never hesitated to say how proud they were of me. And that means so very much to a child."

Doesn't it just.

Moving on.

Apparently the story behind this Excellent Blog Award is that it started with a Canadian blogger (oh yeah) who said:

"I love being a part of the blogging community and part of all the friendships that I've formed so I wanted to give a blog award for all of you out there that have Excellent Blogs. By accepting this Excellent Blog Award, you have to award it to 10 more people whose blogs you find Excellent Award worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want but please award at least 10."

Way to go Canadian Blogger!

Best of all, this award has excellent graphic design qualities; making it pretty enough for me to post on my blog. I'm sorry to say, some of the awards out there are fuggly and I won't be disappointed if I don't get one.

(Just kidding. I love to have my ego-stroked.)

So.

I've never done this before.

I guess I'm supposed to tell ten people I think their blogs are excellent too?

Okay.

Well here they are, in no particular order.

Kimberly: I'm sure you already have one of these, but what the heck. Thanks for your support!

Angella: You've probably got one of these too, but what the heck. Thanks for replying to my comments even though you get a million comments per post.

Buzz: Your blog is my only source of news and information. Sad. You don't seem like the type to post one of these on your blog, but what the heck.

Freshly Squeezed!: I love the design of your blog. So bright and cheery! Thanks for the inspiration.

Dooce: I love your blog even though you don't know I exist and would probably never post one of these awards on your site, but what the heck.

Design Boner: You have a great blog name and gorgeous eye candy every day. Thanks.

Cathy Zielske: You're my scapbooking guru and an awesome blogger too. I'm still laughing alone in the dark over your Tom Cruise impersonation. Hilarious. Man I wish I could get you to notice me.

Sarcastic Mom: Your blog is seriously funny.

Rebecca Cooper: You're an awesome scrapbooker and a Canadian to boot. Thanks for sharing beautiful photography of your family and lots of scrappy inspiration.

Tina Cockburn: Thanks for being an awesome scrapbooker with a beautiful family. (Hmmm. Do all scrapbookers have beautiful children? It must be why they feel so compelled to scrap.) Thanks for all the inspiration.

If you, the aforementioned ten bloggers, would like to post this award on your site, give it your best shot. Try cutting and pasting or saving or something. I have no idea. It took me ten minutes to figure out how to get the image from Rotten Correspondent's blog to mine and I still don't know what I did.

Anyway. This took me way too long. I won't be doing this again.

Have a nice day.

5 comments:

Angella said...

Aw, thanks!

Back at you :)

Kimberly said...

Congrats! And thank you!

If you right click the image and select Save As, you can save it to your own computer. If you got into your blogger layout page, there's an option to add a picture to your sidebar. Simply click the Browse button, select the image, and upload it.

Took me forever to figure it all out...but I've been doing this for nearly two years now. Give me a poke if you ever need any help with anything fiddly stuff like that.

Sarcastic Mom (aka Lotus) said...

Awesome, thanks! I will display it on my shinies page! :-)

The Rotten Correspondent said...

You did good with your acceptance speech. I'm with kimberly - it took me forever to figure out how to do it with the awards on the sidebar.

Everything I know about computers I've learned from blogging.

lemonade said...

thank you so much! :) that is so sweet!