Wednesday, March 26, 2008

the laughing alone in the dark pronunciation guide.

My sidebar isn't looking as streamlined as I'd like it to, so I thought I'd move this into my archives...

I'm sure many of you who read my blog come across our daughter's name (or my husband's name for that matter) and pronounce it in your head as blabidy-blah-blah-blah. So to help you out, I've included this handy-dandy little pronunciation guide:

CSILLA
Sounds like the sweet, furry little gray animal that Madonna enjoys wearing as a coat: the chin-CHILLA, minus the chin part. It rhymes with gorilla. Csilla means twinkling star in Hungarian. It also happens to be the name of a planet in the Star Wars galaxy.

BALAZS
Sounds like the luxury gambling retreat in Las Vegas: the BELLAG-io Hotel, minus the io part. It rhymes with garage. There should be an accent over the second “A”, but I don’t know the html for that. I have no idea what it means in Hungarian and there are no planets named Balazs in the Star Wars galaxy.

6 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh! I'm so proud of myself. I was saying it right in my head all along.

CrazyCath said...

And I am NOT proud of myself as I have to retrain my brain now! lol

Carolyn said...

I guess this post goes to show how few people actually read the crap in our sidebars!

Pat - An Arkansas Stamper said...

Hey, I just got here, and I read it! :::I'm smiling::: I got Csilla right, but the other... hahahaha! The only Hungarian I know is 'goulash.'

Cecily R said...

Thank you!! For the guide on how to pronounce Csilla and what it means. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

my name is csilla :) ahaha