Saturday, March 29, 2008

my comments on your comments and other comments.

I thought a few of you might like to know that I actually replied to some of your recent comments. I don't usually do this because I'm either too lazy, too tired, or too busy writing a ridiculously long and melodramatic rant about some inane mental breakdown I'm having to bother. But I can assure you that I read and appreciate every single last one of them.

So, if you're interested, check out my comments on the last few posts. (I can't promise this will ever happen again, so enjoy!)

Also, while we're talking about comments, I just wanted everyone to know that I completely and totally welcome very wordy and verbose comments here at laughing alone in the dark. As I said to meopausaloldbag, "say whatever it is you want to say. I'm not paying for the server space, so go for it." Part of the reason I started this blog was to create a sounding board for other moms who might be struggling sometimes like I am. If you fit that description, or you have some hindsight words of wisdom to offer, please participate fully in my comments section. Feel free to cut and paste War and Peace into a comment if you think it will help to enlighten me. The floor is yours with no apologies necessary.

And as for me hijacking your comments by writing some long, rambling crap that usually has nothing to do with your post? Well, I'm sorry. I'll try to do better next time.

I'm awesome. Have a nice day.


10 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

i love long comments. go ahead and leave me a book, it will make my day. :)

david mcmahon said...

Like my friend Corey said, go ahead, make my day!!!

And thanks for the great blog you told me about, too ...

softinthehead said...

Hear hear! Spill it!! :)

jennifer h said...

I love long comments, too!

Jan said...

You always leave the best comments. Actually, I use quite alot of your comment when I write my comment when were on the same blog somewhere commenting. So I have no idea why I just commented on that. My mind is mush.

CrazyCath said...

I am also a wordy one as you know. I am a member after all! And I feel less guilty now for NOT commenting on every single post.

Girl you can blog! I have read every single one, but like you, sometimes I am too tired, lazy or just plain run out of time to comment. Also sometimes the comment might take some time to write (time I might not have).

So there you go. I do read and LOVE your blog. You just don't always know I'm there!
No- one is a perfect mother. Things happen as they say.
We had weird hailstone weather too. It's pretty and pretty cold.
Ranting on your own blog is what it's for isn't it?
Do you really say in your sidebar how to pronounce the names? You're right - no one will read mine either! lol
That Earth hour letter is better with your comments and is Vancouver really the last place to celebrate stuff? Surely not!
And that's as much as I can remember because it is now 4.23am here and I am very sad to be still blog hopping at this hour.
Sod it. Why not eh? :0)

Kimberly said...

Once upon a time I left really long comments.

Then I got tired.

The end. =P

p.s. Love your comment box message thingy!

Carolyn said...

Corey - I think I've already left you a book, or two. But thanks for letting me know. I'll keep up the good work.

David – I’ll be sure to leave a long comment soon, just so I can make your day. Oh, and you're welcome. I love Jan. She's awesome.

Soft - Yeah Baby! Hope you enjoyed the wine and candles.

Jennifer - Excellent, because I think I've left a few around your parts.

Jan - Thanks! You're awesome. Next time I'm on a blog somewhere and I notice that you've commented first; I'm going to leave the EXACT same message as you. Watch me now!

Crazy - As you know, I love wordy. VSC forever! Although I do cry a little bit when you don't leave a comment on every single one of my posts. Next - I really do explain how to pronounce Balazs and Csilla's names. Click this! Next - Okay. Vancouver isn't LAST. But close to it. Only places after us are Alaska, Hawaii and handful of places in the Pacific. Check out this cool map: Time Zone Map. Now go to bed.

Kim - I used to leave really long comments too. And then I got tired. But I kept writing anyway because I have a lot to say damn it. I love your comment box message thingy too. Actually, yours was the inspiration for mine! I kid you not!!!

Jen said...

LOL! I LOVE your comments!!! Hijack away! You.ARE.Awesome! :)

Kaycie said...

I try to respond to comments on my blog. But I always get sidetracked by . . . something. But I read each and every one.