Sunday, March 23, 2008

troop of one hundred.

Jan at Crazy Lady on Road 80 posted this YouTube video the other day. I love it so much that I just had to post it here so I could stop stop stalking Jan's blog just to watch it.

This video is the perfect definition of something that makes me laugh alone in the dark. If I have even a fleeting thought about it I start to giggle. Especially at night when I'm trying to fall asleep and my mind starts wandering...

Oddly enough, I could swear I saw this video for the first time over twenty years ago. A friend of mine had just visited Japan and brought a video tape of (this show?) to our Japanese class in Grade 10. It is so familiar that I'm almost certain this is what we watched. I'll have to do my research, but I wonder if the show this clip came from has been around that long.

[Edit - check this out. The show was released in 1985. I was in Grade 10 in 1988, so it's possible this is what I saw. Funny.]

While I'm rambling on, I may as well share a little something else about this video:

Balazs and I went to a lovely little restaurant on Friday night to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. Of course, Csilla thought it would be a perfect night to be absolutely uncooperative about going to bed, so we were very late getting out the door. By the time we arrived at the restaurant it was after 9pm and the place was almost empty. As it turned out, Csilla's tantrums were a blessing because Balazs and I had an entire room in the back to ourselves, right in front of a fireplace. The food was amazing and I was tipsy after one drink.

We seriously need to get out more.

Anyway, this video fits into the anniversary dinner story because at some point during the meal I tried to describe it to Balazs. I couldn't even get more than a few words out at a time because I was laughing so hard that tears were running down my face. He thought I was crazy and I'm still not even sure he knows what the video is about.

Without further ado, here's something that makes my husband think I'm crazy and makes me laugh alone in the dark:


4 comments:

Jan said...

I would be doing the same thing at an intimate dinner with my husband. He thinks I am a total crazed woman. I just like that you can totally relate to that video. There is just something about the human nature reacting to the unnormal that gets me everytime. I really like the guy the does nothing. He is just not going to react. I would have probably asked the group when they were going to meet again so that I could join them. I might have to do my own experiment sometime around here. People need to be stirred up sometimes. Keep on laughing in the dark Carolyn, I swear I can almost hear you sometimes.

ciara said...

lmao @ this...and it's daylight :)

jennifer h said...

I started laughing when they tossed the guy around.

Funny stuff!

Jen said...

That is the funniest thing ever!!! I laughed so hard at the one where they pointed at him and started chasing him! SO FUNNY! So, I found something else that we have in common. Not only are we both anthropology, but we both took Japanese in High school. I don't hear of many people that take Japanese. So FUN! I'd also like to thank you SO much for your support on our decision to go private. It really makes me sad that I have to do it, but at the same time, I think it will help me sleep at night. I had a horrible nightmare as well about my daughter. I hope that when I do go private that if you have the time and want to, you'll stop by. I am truly enjoying reading your blog. I LOVE IT!!! Feel free to email me if you'd like to be part of our private land of blogging. Thanks again for you comments. It really helped to hear the things you said and make me feel like I'm making the right decision. Oh an ironic thing is is that your blog and the hearts over your little girls face was one of the reasons I started re-thinking what I'm exposing on my blog, so thanks for helping me stop and re-think my oh so public way of blogging. I truly appreciate it. Shoot, sorry for the novel. Hope to see you again soon :)