Wednesday, March 19, 2008

wow. it's a poop-tastic day!

DISCLAIMER: This post is about potty training and poop. If you don't have kids, or don't want to hear about it, you may want to skip this one.

I haven't really been talking about it much in my blog, but we are potty training Csilla right now. Until recently, Csilla has completely and totally resisted the idea of potty training. For the longest time, she didn't want anything to do with a potty or the toilet. It was diapers all the way for this kid.

At three-years-old, and female, she was certainly a little bit late to the game as far as potty training goes, but in the last two weeks, I think we've finally found success. She hasn't used her diaper at all in at least ten days.

And then...

Today.

While I was typing my last post about poop no less.

Csilla went into the bathroom, by herself, and without telling me, successfully situated herself on the toilet, with her pants down, and pooped.

Hurray!!

I am so proud.

Although I'm sure she won't really appreciate reading about this in my archives one day.

By the way. I just had a little release of my own. This is my third post the last hour so keep scrolling down!

13 comments:

Kimberly said...

Whoohoo! We're having a happy potty day today too. Four potty uses in a row. Clean panties.

For the first time. Ever.

And she turns 4 in June!

softinthehead said...

Well done Csilla. Although it is sadly a long, long time ago now, (daughter turns 27 on Thursday) I can still imagine the sense of achievement we BOTH felt. BTW was the word you were looking for "unbeknownst" ? Just a thought! :)

Kaycie said...

That's great! I miss all of the cute things that Csilla says and does. I don't miss the potty training, though. Nope. My daughter was easy. Be glad she's not a boy. Sometimes they forget if they're supposed to be sitting or standing. Fun.

Carolyn said...

Kaycie - huh? Is your daughter's name Csilla too? Or do you miss the things that your daughter does? It would be kind of weird if you missed the things that my Csilla does.

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ciara said...

good job, csilla! my oldest, who will be 21 in june, was a little over 2 when i potty trained him. only took one time. i think it was my laziness that resulted in the late potty training.

Jan said...

Thats what I call poopalicious in a good way. Way to go Csilla. I hope it continues to go down the septic that way. Yeah. You might get your life back.

Carolyn said...

Ciara - did you mean to say 2? You call that late? Csilla is 3...

Carolyn said...

Oh. Also:

Kim - congrats tooooooo. I'm sending you a cyber high-five.

Soft - you were right about unbeknownst. See my comment in that post (and the edits of course).

ciara said...

Carolyn-he was probably about 2 1/2...so really not much earlier. back then a nurse told me that he was 'too old' to not have been potty trained yet. i felt kind of ashamed...then i thought, you know, some kids potty train when they're ready and at different ages...just like kids walk and talk at different times.

heck, i think it's great csilla took initiative today and exerting a little independence no less :)

Kaycie said...

Yeah, that didn't come out right. I miss all the cute things Csilla does now that Dianne used to do! There. Better.

Corey~living and loving said...

that is wonderful. we are soooooooooooooo living the same life sometimes.
did you see Ace of cakes tonight? loved the knitting basket cake. tee hee

Irene said...

Thanks for the link to your post! You have given me a glimmer of hope! I would assume you had been putting your little one in pull-ups at this time? Maybe I should try them. I used to use them when the child started potty training. But maybe it will spur her to want to start!

I know, since she is older, that when she finally decides, it will happen SO fast. But the WHEN is the tough question!

Thanks again!