Tuesday, April 29, 2008

as usual, you guys are awesome.

People who blog are an amazing bunch. Yesterday I wrote a post about getting back to basics and the response I got was wonderful. Your comments completely confirm everything I have been feeling lately.

The best part about your comments is that they allow me to realize that when I am most myself is when I get the best response (how was that for an awkward sentence?)

In my sidebar I talk about there being a million other photography blogs, scrapbooking blogs, angst blogs, mommy blogs and that they're all better than this one. I wasn't kidding about that. When I write about things that feel urgent, but aren't important, I get very little response. But when I write about things that are important to my heart, and in alignment with my purpose; when I write for myself and, as Jan said a few posts ago, when "I'm open and let it all hand out", that's when I feel most authentic and the outpouring towards me is overwhelming.

This tells me my blog just doesn't work when I'm trying to be something I'm not.

I can't tell you how fulfilling it is to get such positive affirmations for just being me.

So, thank you. And now, to get on with the business of just being me, I shall write a post about something that has been weighing on my heart and mind lately.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've found the same thing in my blogging experience. Being completely honest is what draws people in and makes them want to know you better. The world is full of pretenders. We can find that anywhere. We come here because you're real.

Kimberly said...

Gah! Sorry about that! Was logged in under a friend's name (I'm doing her a new template for her photo blog). It's me!

Daryl E said...

What Kimberly said.

Daryl