Sunday, April 13, 2008

double bonus.

Hey kids!

Have you ever wanted to improve your vocabulary and donate free rice at the same time? Well now you can!

To play along, simply click on the logo to the left.

What do you get out of it? An improved vocabulary and hours of worderrific fun. What does the World Food Program get out of it? Grains of rice donated by sponsors for hungry people around the world.

Whether you are CEO of a large corporation or a street child in a poor country, improving your vocabulary can improve your life. It is a great investment in yourself. Perhaps even greater is the investment your donated rice makes in hungry human beings, enabling them to function and be productive. Somewhere in the world, a person could be eating rice that you helped provide, so click, play and help today.

10 comments:

Jennifer H said...

Well, that's addictive. I could do that for hours. And, unlike playing Solitaire, it benefits someone.

What a great item to post.

Jules said...

I love this site. And my kids do too. They like to sit and click and click and click. Jennifer is right. It's SO addictive, but fun! And anything that benifits others gets an A+ in my book. Thanks for posting this. :)

CrazyCath said...

That is great! I have a 10 year old thirsty for vocab so should be clicking away! Thanks.

Jan said...

I have done this before Carolyn, but never thought to have Mattie do it. Great idea. That is why your a genius and I am elementary. Have a great day with Csilla and hubby.

Maggie May said...

Yes, very addictive. Sorry to say, you are tagged. Over at my place you will find out how/why!

Suzanne said...

that was so much fun! I donated 300 grains of rice....learned some new words, and found out I'm a really good guesser!!

ped crossing said...

But who pays for the rice? Maybe I should go back to the site. I did this before and finally had to quit because I needed to get real work done.

Carolyn said...

ped - The advertisers on the site pay for the rice per click.

quilly said...

I wrote you a lovely comment. Blogger ate it. Take it up with them.

Kimberly said...

Oooo...brilliant! Thanks for the link!