Tuesday, April 15, 2008

good news, good news, bad news.

The good news is that my allergy headache is gone. Thanks for all the concern and well wishes. It may be back tomorrow, but for now I'm a headache-free happy camper.

The other good news is that my friend K called me today about doing some work on a graphic design project with her. I'm extremely exited about the opportunity to get my feet wet and test out my design chops. It's somewhat of a low pressure situation which is perfect for me because it will be the first official work I've done in this area.

The bad news is that she needs some mock ups put together within ten days so I won't be doing as much blogging for the next little while. I'm sure you're all broken up about this. I'll still be lurking, but won't have as much time to comment and join in the fun. I'm thrilled about actually doing some graphic design work, but I'll definitely miss having the time to post every day. As always, I've got lots on my mind and no time to share it!

Later gaters.

(Having said all that, I'll probably still post every day, so don't be surprised if you see some crazy, incoherent rant roll in from me at 2am!)


14 comments:

Kimberly said...

Imagine me frowning a bit and letting out a bit of a groan. "Awwww!" Will miss ya, but am so excited for you! Hope it's fun for you!

quilly said...

Hey, blogging should be what happes after real life, otherwise, how does one keep it fresh?

Aline said...

Congrats on that opportunity, that sounds really great!
Though I'll miss your fantastic posts, I am really excited for you. :)

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

Yay for the disappearing headache.

Yay for the work!

Look forward to the rantings!

Tammy said...

That would be very sad not to see a post from you everyday. Enjoy your new challenge in graphic design. it will be fun for you. Enjoy!!!

Kaycie said...

I hope you really enjoy doing this work (and still manage to come by and see us anyway).

Thanks for the sweet comment on my last post.

Jan said...

I am so excited for you. I know that this is part of who you are and that you will be great at it because you'll enjoy it. Glad that blasted headache is gone for the time being. I will be broken up about you not being at our beck and call, but life goes on. Have fun and create, create and create.
Enjoy the day.
J

Potty Mummy said...

Good luck Carolyn!

Jennifer H said...

Congratulations, and good luck!

CrazyCath said...

Congrats on the work! Hope it goes ok for you.

It's after 2am and no rant from you... must be going ok. ;0)

ped crossing said...

Woo hoo on both counts.

Have fun.

Carla Marion Peritz said...

Yea! Best of luck with the new gig. Enjoy your time!

Jen said...

CONGRATS on this wonderful opportunity! You'll do great!! I'm glad your headache is gone for now. Although I'll miss your wonderful posts, I have to say I'm selfish as it will give me more time to catch up on all you had to say while I was on vacation :)

Maggie May said...

What is the allergy thats CAUSING it?

Hope you are getting on well with the new work that you've been offered. Good luck with it.