Sunday, April 6, 2008

holy crap. two thousand hits.

According to my little sitemeter at the bottom of the page here, I just reached two thousand hits. Yippee! How cool is that? I do love a nice, round number. It's especially amazing considering I started writing this blog with the expectation that nobody would ever read it.

On the occasion of my two thousandth hit, I wanted to say thank you to everyone for visiting. I wouldn't have two thousand hits without you.

I truly appreciate the community of lovely, kind, thoughtful and intelligent people who have gathered around "my little blog that could". I didn't know anyone would want to listen to my complaining and b.s. on a daily basis, but I'm so glad you do, because you're a heck of a lot cheaper than my psychologist. I'm especially grateful for all of the wonderfully insightful, supportive and encouraging comments that have been left over the last few months. You've given me a much needed boost to my self-esteem and great deal of laughter and warmth as well. For all of these things and more, I am extremely grateful.

And, while I'm gushing over how great y'all are, I also wanted to say thanks to The Mother of This Lot over at Mother's Pride for bestowing upon me this lovely Good Chat Blog Award.

Boy, does she ever have me pegged!

The award was designed by her uber-talented daughter, The Fixer, who said the award was "made for bloggers who seemed like if you met them, they would invite you in for a nice long chat".

I should say so.

The tea is always ready around here. And if you think my posts are longwinded, you should hear me when my mouth starts running. I can talk. That is for sure. Even the mailman knows my life story.

So. Not only does this award meet my stringent graphic design standards, but it also exceeds my standards for an award befitting the recipient (me)!

And now, without further ado, I shall pass it on to a few people I am certain I would enjoy grabbing a seat with and having a nice, long chat. They are (in no particular order):

Jan
The Rotten Correspondent
Corey
The Menopausaloldbag
Jennifer
CrazyCath
Softinthehead
Ciara
Ped Crossing
Potty Mummy
Retired and Crazy
David
Maggie May
Jen
Kaycie
Kim
and, right back at you... The Mother of This Lot!

Be sure to pass it on to someone you'd love to sit had have a nice chat with.

Have a great week everybody!


17 comments:

jennifer h said...

First of all, congratulations on your award! It's beautiful, and you deserve it. I would love to sit and have a long chat with you, any day.

And thank you so much for sharing it with me--I'm honored to be in such good company!

Jan said...

You really do deserve this award because you have the capability of making us think we are over at your house in the middle of a good long chat. And thats just plain cozy now. I realize how much blogging has helped in so many levels for me too. I feel is an out of sorts and a way to express and create and think about life a little differently. I have never carried around a camera like I do now. I look at moments better and realize how connected we are as people in all walks of life. I love that.

Thanks for the award and I will take is graciously as my momma taught me to do. Your a sweetie and I need to find the perfect award for you. Keep sharing. Okay.

Maggie May said...

Congratulations on your award and many thanks for mine! I reckon we could both chat the hind legs of a donkey, as my mother would say!

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Congatulations and it will be ne of many many more awards. I love your blog and yes it is like a sitting in a fab cafe with a girfriend having tea and cakes!

And I agree with Maggie May about loving a good chat too - wherever I go, there are hoards of three legged donkeys lounging about!

softinthehead said...

Well done - and thanks so much for passing it on. Always ready for a good old chinwag. Just think how much quicker you would have got to 2000 if I hadn't discovered google reader LOL !! :)

Aline said...

Congrats on the award, it's so deserved! I love to visit your blog and I love your sense of homour! :)

david mcmahon said...

First, congratulations on reaching 2000 hits. That is a huge achievement - and you've done the hard yards. The first 2000 hits are the hardest because it's all about getting noticed.

And thank you for the wonderful award. I am honoured ....

CrazyCath said...

Oh wow thank you!
Congratulations on your award and I am honoured to receive mine! I reckon if us two got together, no one would get a word in edgeways!

I am in such excellent company with all those you gave awards to - I visit most of them too and enjoy a good natter with them!

Thanks again. That is one cool award. I love what the Fixer does! ;0)

the mother of this lot said...

I should re-name this one the boomerang award!

So glad you liked it, and thanks for passing it on!

Retiredandcrazy said...

Yes, congratulations, you are entirely deserving and thanks for passing it on to me, who is entirely undeserving! I am just a boring old fart!

Kimberly said...

Thank you, you sweet thing you! You're fabulously fun and entertaining, and I'm glad you're getting something out of it too. =P

miss-mattie said...

Hi Carolyn. I just want to say thanks for the candy. My mom posted it on her blog just for you to know. I really liked the mini eggs. The areo bars and the mack were awesome. That card was sweet. Thanks for saying and don't forget to share some with Miss Mattie.
Bye bye.

CrazyCath said...

Did I say thank you? I did? Well thank you. It's up now.
(dancing a jig at stupid hour of the morning).

ciara said...

congrats and thank you! xo

Kaycie said...

How cool. Thanks, Carolyn. I'm glad you started blogging.

ped crossing said...

Why thanks! Nothing like a nice chat over tea/coffee and a treat. Anytime you come south, drop on by. Csilla can meet sweetE.

Jen said...

Congratulations on your awesome award!!! I LOVE your blog and truly enjoy reading it! I would love to sit down and chat with you all day long! I know I'd have a fun and enjoyable conversation with you and that you'd be cracking me up! :) I just want to THANK YOU for sharing this award with me. It means more than you will ever know. It's coming at a time I truly need it! I'll post it with pride as soon as I'm back from vacation! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!!