Saturday, April 19, 2008

one more thing...

Balazs took Csilla out today, so yippee for me. I'm on a posting blitz. Three today already.

I'm also trying to make the rounds of all my favourite blogs, dropping a few comments here and there, but sorry if I'm just lurking. My graphic design project is going well and I should be back in gear in another week or two.

One more thing. Buzz posted a few more bits and bobs about BPAs. Be sure to read this post especially, which clears up some of the confusion about good vs. bad recycling numbers. In a nutshell, if the numbers inside the recycling triangle are 2, 4 or 5, they are toxin free and considered safe for contact with food. (Although I still maintain no food in contact with plastic, especially when heated, is best). Plastics with the recycling number 1 are considered safe for one-time use only, and numbers 3, 6 and 7 contain toxins, with 7 being the worst, so throw these away or return them to your place of purchase. Hopefully other businesses will step up the plate like London Drugs did and offer refunds for products containing BPAs. Way to go London Drugs and thanks (yet again) Buzz! You're an awesome Dad and Zizou is a lucky (and adorable) kid.

ps - Yay Canada! Thanks for being the first to take a stand. We're awesome.


4 comments:

Jan said...

I do love Canadians. Thanks Balazs for playing with little Csilla. I emailed you about your graphic project but it came back to me. I will try again. I am so curious about this project. You have no idea.

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the info! I just shared it with Neil, so we're going to get our house safe.

aims said...

Indeed we are awesome! The Man was just talking about those plastics again last night...and from reading your blogs I knew all about them! Hooray!

Retiredandcrazy said...

In the UK our recycling policy is totally chaotic. They blame us mere mortals for polluting the planet while they insist that we put our rubbish out in black plastic bags for general waste and green plastic bags for recycling. What's that all about? Our government needs to keep it's own house in order.

More power to your elbow Canada!