Monday, April 28, 2008

proof you're cool. and excellent. and distinctive. and friendly.

I’ve decided I really don’t like this thing called “Work”. I’ve been doing some of this “Work” stuff lately and it’s seriously cutting into my blogging time. I’m sure I’ve missed about a million great posts on all of my favourite blogs and I’ve had almost no time for commenting on most of the aforementioned million great posts. It sucks.

Not to mention that I’m sure you’ve missed my totally irrelevant and self-absorbed (but always witty) comments on your blogs. As my way of apologizing for my absence, I shall now proceed to hand out a bunch of awards.

First, I’d like to hand out The Excellent Award or, as I like to call it, The Bill and Ted’s Most Excellent Award, dude!

I received this from the most excellent Jennifer at Thursday Drive. She’s a brilliant writer. If you love reading blogs in which the blogger has a most excellent command of the English language and the most excellent storytelling skills, then check out Thursday Drive. Even though she writes about toilets sometimes, you won’t regret the visit.

I’m supposed to pass this award onto ten others, but I have a lot of awards to hand out, so I don’t want to use everybody up on the first go. I’d like to pass this most excellent award onto these two most excellent dudes (the only two dudes who read my blog). First, to Buzz at The Blog According to Buzz, who always keeps me informed on all things newsworthy in the worlds of parenting, entertainment and, well, news. And second, to David at Authorblog who is always so encouraging and supportive to myself and other bloggers. I'm sure David has received this award many times before, but he deserves every single last one of them.

Next, I’d like to thank dear, sweet CrazyCath for the Good Chat Award. Receiving this award made me laugh out loud, because the Mother of this Lot dubbed it the boomerang award for its habit of coming back to you. Well, indeed it did, because I gave it to Cath, and then she inadvertently gave it right back to me. Thanks Cath! Obviously the feeling is mutual.

I handed out this one not long ago, so I’m only going to pass it on to one deserving blogger who I’d love to have a good chat about scrapbooking with, and that’s Aline at Scraplog. Her work is amazing, so if you’re looking for some scrapbooking inspiration, be sure to check her out.

Next, I’d like to thank the Mother of this Lot for the You Cheer Me Up Award. When I went over to snag this award from Jackie I left this comment:

“Yippee! Yipee! Yipee! Yipee! Did I say Yipee? In other words, thanks. I had no idea my blog had the ability to cheer anyone up. This comes as a total shock since I spend a lot of time bitching and moaning in my posts. Many of the titles also contain the word crap. Come to think of it, perhaps my pathetic existence is what cheers you up so much. Does reading about my life makes you feel better about yours? Whatever your motivation to read my blog is, I'm thankful for the award. You cheer me up too.”

I’d like to pass it onto two people who always cheer me up. The first is Jules at Just Because… who especially cheered me up with this post, which featured some dreamy pictures of my ultimate fantasy life!

And speaking of dreamy pictures, the second blogger I’d like to pass this award onto is Quilly at Just Another Day in... Paradise? who regularly transports me to my favourite place on earth with her beautiful photos of Hawaii. Thanks for cheering me up!

Next, thank you to a lovely blogger who goes by the alias of Soft in the Head for the Blog of Distinction Award. “Softie” as I like to call her, owns a house in France. I’m jealous. In spite of this jealousy, I still like her very much.

I’d like to pass this on to a blog I think is very distinctive called A Golden Journal. Even the name is distinctive don't you think? I’ve just discovered this blog, but Suzanne's posts feature lovely imagery and wonderful story telling. Be sure to check it out. Oh, and did I mention she posted about Vodka recently? Definitely worth the visit right there.

Thanks to Jules at Just Because... for this New Blogger Award. I love it because Jules created it to give recognition to new bloggers just starting out who may need a little encouragement. What a wonderful idea! Thanks Jules.

She said I should "Feel free to pass it on to any new bloggers....... to those that make you laugh, cry, think, or sigh" so I'm passing it on to Miss Mattie at {News of Miss Mattie}, who started blogging on almost the same day as I did. She always has interesting stories to tell and posts fun quizzes and great photos. Be sure to visit Miss Mattie and leave a comment. She's a sweet girl.

Thanks to Corey at Living and Loving Every Minute Of It for this Top Parenting Blog Award. I'm SO flattered that she gave this to me. I usually feel like a completely useless Mom, but I guess my love for Csilla shines through all my complaining, and Corey thankfully sees that. Corey's blog is full of tons of amazing photos featuring the beautiful Sugar Bear and I'm always so inspired by Corey's parenting thoughts and ideas. If you're a parent, be sure to check out Corey's blog. Everybody can learn a lot there!

I'd like to pass this on to two "mommy blogs" that I love. I use the term "mommy bloggers" lovingly to describe Potty Mummy at The Potty Diaries and Ped Crossing at The Misadventures of Adulthood. I just love these blogs. They always makes me laugh and always remind me that I'm not alone in this parenting craziness.

A few more awards to go... thanks to Jen at Tidbits of the Tippets (private blog - send Jen an email and she might let you in!) for this Friend Award. Jen and I have so many things in common it's freaky. If we lived close to each other, I'm sure we'd be friends.

I'd like to pass it to Carla at her baby Donald's blog. She always leaves lovely comments for me that are so thoughtful and kind. If we lived close to each other, I'm sure we'd be friends too.



Thanks to The Mother of This Lot, Jackie at Mother's Pride for this GRRRR8 Blogger Friend Award. I'm sure that anyone who has ever visited Jackie's blog knows how great it is, but if you haven't been there, check it out. Jackie's life as the mother of five, yes five, girls is certainly something to be amazed by and her daily craziness certainly makes her one of my most interesting blogging friends.

I'd like to pass this on to one of my most beloved blogging friends, Jan, the {Crazy Lady on Road 80}. What would awards season be if I didn't give one to Jan? She's awesome. 'Nuff said.

And finally, thanks to this Less Than Three Award from Retired and Crazy. We both shared the common confusion about what "Less Than Three" actually meant. Thanks to Maggie May for straightening us out. If you look sideways, you'll see at heart.

I'd pass this to Maggie May to thank her for the explanation, but I know she's already received it, so I'd like to pass this onto DarylE at Out & About in New York City. I really do heart your blog.

That's it for the awards. Gosh, that was almost as long as The Oscars! Thanks again for the recognition everybody.

Please note that I have not handed out a bunch of awards to some amazing bloggers who I just adore. Most of these people are on "My Daily Reads...” list on my sidebar. Just so you know, you all deserve all of these awards, so go ahead and take them if you really want to add to your collection!

And to the people I missed out, no offence. I think you’re all grand and I’ll catch you on the next go round.

10 comments:

CrazyCath said...

D'y'know, you write the most wonderful credits for your friends. It might bew ike the oscars, but it is so obviously heartfelt. You deserved each and every one of these awards.

My boomeranging that award back to you still makes me laugh. But it definitely was not inadvertent. I meant every bit of it. You see, like you, I had a heap of awards to give out. It was seriously sad that I had to sit down with pen and paper and work out who was getting what award, carefully considering what each award actually said about the person I was giving it to and how I felt about them. It was just a natural response to give you this award, as I feel we would really put the world to rights you and me if we got together! So I really did not know I had boomeranged it back (so yes it was inadvertent) but I did intend you to have it as you so deserve it friend!(so no it wasn't inadvertent / mistake).
Does all that make sense?
Good.
Then you can explain it to me. I'm not called "crazy" for nothing you know!

Congrats to all those getting awards - I know many of you and you all deserve them.

And I'm not a member of verbose storytellers for nothing. I'll do your meme soon. Promise.

Carla Marion Peritz said...

Thanks so much for the cool award! Wow. I don't have a speech planned or anything. I'd like to thank all the little people. Actually, just the one. Donald. Had it not been for him, I clearly never would have started this blog...which is (in case anyone had a hankerin' to check it out) just a way for out-of-state and out-of-country friends and relatives to keep up with Donald. But thank you so much for the kind recognition, Carolyn! Now, get to turnin' this thing you've got into a money maker! --Carla

Daryl E said...

Oh .. I am flattered .. I love your blog ... and you do say the nicest things (usually in more than one word!) .. I am at a loss for words .. of course its only momentary .. wait til tomorrow when I blog about it VERBOSELY.. thank you so much Carolyn .. really . Daryl

Jules said...

(((HUGS))) to you. You made my day.

And I have a couple of awards on my site that you don't have......maybe? And I know that you desreve them. So although I didn't name any names..... your name is on a couple of them. :)

Kimberly said...

You are such a sweetie - glad to see you getting some much deserved recognition!

Jennifer H said...

Congratulations on all your awards! You deserve each of them. And thank you for the shout-out! You're a sweetheart.

miss-mattie said...

Thamk you so much. I will put it on my blog. I really like it. This is my first award. So it is exciting for me. Thank you.
Bye bye.

Jan said...

Hi Carolyn, I have been trying to get in here and say thanks. Matties biggest hermit crab, Sarah, had her little pincher fall off. It was pretty much devasting to say the least. So there you have it. Poor thing. She loves her two hermit crabs.

Anyways. You are completely way to nice to me. You deserve all those awards and then some. I know people enjoy you so much, because your open and just let it all hang out. Its refreshing. I love my award too. I feel that you are a treasure to me. Maybe I should make an "I treasure you award". With a chest and all. Or a diamond like you long for. Thanks for the one for Mattie. When she read your sweet comment, she just ran into the kitchen and declared her award and just sayed "That Carolyn is the sweetest person" can you believe her mom. Yes I can Mattie. So from both of us family bloggers, thanks.

quilldancer said...

Thanks for the award. I am always happy to share joy, laughter and good cheer.

Corey~living and loving said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your really kind words about me. Even tough it was a bit painful to write such a long award post, I have no doubt that you blessed some heart with it.