Saturday, April 19, 2008

sometimes it snows in april.

We woke up to three inches of snow this morning. Yes. In April.

(Is it lame to use the same line as I used in my PhotoHunt post? Whatever.) It snowed, so I ran out the door and into the snow this morning in my butt-ugly Crocs - which are perfect for gardening, but very ugly - and snapped a few photos. I know I complain a lot about the weather in Vancouver, but I've said it once and I'll say it again, this city is one of the most gorgeous places on the planet. All of these photos were taken from two steps outside my door. Does it get any better??











I should add that I've had the gorgeous Prince song "Sometimes in Snows in April" running through my head all morning. I wanted to find it on YouTube and post it here, but all of the videos that accompanied the song were either too sad or too weird. If you know the song, start humming it now. Pretty, right? If you don't know the song, I'll hum it for you...

Hum hum hum hummm hum huuuummm hummm. Humm hum hum huuuumm hum huuumm hummm.

See what I mean? Pretty.




9 comments:

Jen said...

LOL, Thanks for humming the song for me :) Those pictures are gorgeous!

Jan said...

First of all. WHAT KIND OF CAMERA DO YOU USE?? I need one so badly. This is so beautiful. I love your pictures. The snow and where you live is just breath taking. My parents said there is so much action around you because of the Olympics coming. They were shocked. They said it looked amazing though. Love your trees and mnts. Jealous

Tammy said...

I grew up in Lake Tahoe with the snow and now where I live the closest thing we get to snow is hail once in a long while. I love the pics!!! Someday I will have to check out Vancouver

Kaycie said...

Lovely pictures.

Prince is one of my favs.

Jennifer H said...

And now I want to move there. Is Canada still accepting Americans?

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

Oh yeah..I recognise that sog now!

LOvely pictures too!

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

"sog"? "song" even. Sorry, it's early!

Kimberly said...

Three inches?! We got snow up north here, but not that much. Wow!

Aline said...

Wow, seriously, I'd love to have snow like that here. This year we had only one snowy day, it's so sad!

Have a wonderful week! :)