Wednesday, April 30, 2008

stop. signs.

This week's PhotoHunt theme is unique/funny signs. When I saw the theme I knew immediately where I was going to hunt photos. There's a vandal around our neighbourhood who has a sense of humour, so although I abhor vandalism, the vandal's creativity actually makes me laugh. Especially the last one...





And me without my parachute pants...

Speaking of having a sense of humour, my own District of North Vancouver employed a man named Cameron Stewart and gave him free reign over the signage in North Vancouver Parks. His signs are clever and funny and definitely always catch my attention. Here's one I see almost everyday in our neighbourhood:

There a ton of clever signs just like this all over our community; too many for me to take photos of them all. If you want to see more unique signs like this, visit The District of North Vancouver's web site here and here.

Have a great week everybody!




11 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my word.......all your signs are wonderful. great finds. :)

hope you have a great night.

Jan said...

How lucky are you. The closest thing we have for excitment in signs, is a deer crossing that someone put a big red nose on. It really does make me smile though.
I think I love the metric no feet. That was cute. Stop its Hammer Time. funny guy you have running around there.

Jennifer H said...

I love the Stop Vandalism sign. Funny signs.

Jen said...

I totally LOL'd on the STOP-Hammer time! So freaking funny!! DIdn't one of your readers say she lived by MC? LOL! The no feet sign was creative and fun as well :)

Maggie May said...

The last one was hilarious! Ha!

Daryl E said...

Wonderful stuff ... especially you not having your parachute pants! The only vandalism I see here is true vandalism which is not funny in any way ... and the signage here is BORINGLY dull. I wish that sign maker would come work here .. Daryl

Jules~ said...

How funny. The metric and feet sign is so punny. See, signs like that ought to improve your neighborhood "wallk score".

Kimberly said...

Those are just brilliant!

david mcmahon said...

Great signs - the last one is a prize-winner!!!

quilldancer said...

Love them all!

CrazyCath said...

I'm a little late - but had to comment. These are very creative. Well spotted - and snapped!