Friday, April 11, 2008

thank you.

I'm frustrated this week because I can't seem to find enough time to really dive into this blogging thing.

I should be in bed right now, but I won't be able to sleep tonight unless I add a quick post to say thank you to everyone who commented on my "what she said" post. I wish I could respond to everyone directly, but life is getting in the way. You all left such thoughtful and wise comments. I especially appreciate the kindness it takes to help me figure out my life while some of you are in the midst of not being able to figure out your own.

It's odd. I'm a complete stranger and yet you all have time to care about my happiness and well being. It's both hopeful and heartening to me.

So thank you. I hope you all have a lovely Friday. Your inspiring thoughts and words have ensured that I will.

6 comments:

softinthehead said...

You're so welcome. This blogging friendship is a wonderful thing.

the mother of this lot said...

Come and get an award while you're figuring out your life.

Carla Marion Peritz said...

This is one of those cool symbiotic relationships, not unlike how the Nile crocodile opens its mouth to allow the Egyptian plover to feed on any leeches that are attached to its gums.

We read your blog because you engage us, you bring us into your world (which sounds, in many ways, cooler than mine) and for a little while anyway, you take our minds off of what might be bugging us at the moment. We laugh, maybe we think, maybe we wake up at 3 in the morning with a bright idea, but we get something out of it, and so we give back in the form of these lovely comments. It's a win-win situation.

I do, however, draw the line at sucking any leeches out of ANYone's mouth...

Jan said...

Your helping me figure out mine too. Your finding it. Because your trying too. Thank you back.

Kimberly said...

You will never lose a reader because you were smart enough to put your family and your personal sanity before your blogging. =)

Jane George said...

oh thats lovely, your posts are just as helpful right back at us. this blogging thing is like that isnt it a 2 way support street. xx