I seem to feel a whole lot better about my posts when I write about gratitude rather than angst and unhappiness, so to that end, I shall now post a lovely list of lovable things that I am loving right now.
1. First off, here is a photo of the dessert I have served myself for the last three nights in a row:
Yes, those are fresh strawberries (finally in the stores for less than an arm and a leg) and a yummy chocolate rolled wafer (just like you'd get in a quaint gelato shop in Italy)! How great is this? I keep telling myself that my derriere won't notice the ice cream because of all the hard core* yoga I'm doing right now.
I suppose I'll stop eating this for dessert when either the ice cream runs out or my fabulous ass no longer fits into my magical Lucky Brand Jeans. Whichever comes first. I especially love the bowl my dessert is in. Nana (my mom) bought it at Pier 1. It's so clean and contemporary and white and simple. I just love it!
2. Next up, is Lego. This is a box of 35-year-old Lego that my brother and I played with when we were kids:
Our dusty, grimy old basket of Lego had been hiding in storage under our staircase for all these years, but we finally hauled it out, cleaned up and gave it a shiny new container last weekend.
The sound of a rustling box of Lego brings back some fond childhood memories. And the best part:
[Can you believe it?]
Original instructions for building cool stuff like this:
[Vroom! Vroom! And the steering wheel actually turns.]
[Houston? We have absulutely no problems. This is awesome.]
I've actually had fun sitting on the floor for hours with Csilla making all these fabulous things while she helps me find pieces and plays happily with the space ships and race cars I've built for her. She's not quite advanced enough to make this stuff for herself yet, but there's an interest, so it's only a matter of time.
The most amazing part to me is that we still have some of the teeny, tiny small obscure pieces after all these years. Like these small yellow fence pieces, of which, there were only ever four:
[How those didn't get lost in some couch cushion 35 years ago I'll never know...]
But my favourite part, by far, in the resurrection of our Lego set is this little beauty:
How brilliant is this Lego brochure? I mean, what the heck are these people wearing? Holy crap. It looks like 1974 threw up all over this lovely little Lego family. The David Cassidy hairstyles are awesome! And how about Granny's shoes? That woman is a piece of work. The glasses? The jacket? I could go on all day about how much I love this picture.
But I won't. There's more loving to do.
3. The third thing I'm loving right now (which is actually more like two things in one) is marble art. Csilla and I had been planning to do this ever since we saw it on Mr. Maker a few weeks ago, but it took a great post by Corey to spur me into action. (Actually that and a new awesome salad spinner which provided the perfect sized box for this little project.) Check out the fun we had yesterday:
Best of all, this activity didn't irritate Csilla's sensitive little hands. All fun, no crying, yippee!
4. And finally, the fourth thing I am loving right now, which is part of the marble art activity are Csilla's adorable little hands. When am I not loving that kid's hands? The marble art was especially fun because of the comment that accompanied this photo:
Hope everybody is out having fun this weekend. And tell me... What are you loving right now?
* By hard core I mean once a week for an hour.