Saturday, April 19, 2008

unlucky? 13 and snowy.

I was very inspired by both Corey and David's interpretation of the number 13 this week, so I thought I'd give PhotoHunt a try. I don't consider myself much of a photographer, but I'm learning, so what the heck.

We woke up to three inches of snow this morning. Yes. In April.

Csilla was anxious for my attention (she wanted breakfast of all things, silly kid) so I went out to snap some quick photos before the snow all melted. It was early and I was still a bit sleepy and fresh out of creative ideas, so I carved the number 13 into the snow and snapped away. I'm sure there are a ton of things I could have done to adjust for the whiteness of the snow, but I couldn't remember any of the techniques so I made a few corrections in Photoshop. Is that against the PhotoHunt rules? Oh well, if it is, sorry, but without Photoshop, you would have been looking at some very grey photos.

I kind of like the way the second one turned out. It's a snow covered mesh chair, and I like how you can sort of see through it.

In hindsight, I wish I'd thought to stack up 13 snowballs instead, but five hours later the snow has completely melted and it's too late for that idea. Oh well, maybe I'll get more creative with next week's theme. Thanks for looking!





9 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

I'm glad you didn't make me count thirteen snowballs. Cause, I would, you know.

Mine is here: http://aliceaudrey.wordpress.com/2008/04/19/13-broken-bones/

Come visit.

TiOheM said...

Nice take on this theme. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

kacey said...

too bad about the snow, but I like the 13 carved into the snow. Happy photohunting!

chari said...

Nice picture, keep it up!!! Happy Weekend...

Mine is up here...
cha-photohunt1~
cha-photohunt~

denz said...

That is a very nice picture, indeed you have a very lovely post for this week theme, keep it up!!!

Here's mine also, check it out...
~PHOTOHUNTER-1
~PHOTOHUNTER-2

Have a great Weekend!!!

blogScope said...

Nice post for the theme, just keep it up and enjoy what you like to do!

Check mine HERE!!!

Happy Weekend!

Jan said...

I love your 13's. They are really clever. Corey's is also very clever. She is a good photo taker like you are. Davids bench is my favorite. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Its the only time were truly all together. So I enjoy that meal. So, maybe Csilla could come by and I'll make her mouse pancakes. Let me know when your doing a 13 thing again. I want to do that.

jenny said...

I enjoyed all your photos---Photoshopped or not! ;-) It was so hot where I was on Saturday, I can't imagine there being snow anywhere on our continent!

Have a great weekend!

Carl said...

Nice thirteens. Doesn't snow that often down here in north Florida although it has been known to happen. The last time anything like that occurred was just before Christman in 1989. I like your intepretation of this week's PhotoHunt.

I've got my PhotoHunt entry up at http://www.anniemayhem.com/cgi-bin/wordpress/ in case you're interested. If you do visit, please leave a comment and feel free to explore the rest of my little blog.