Sunday, May 25, 2008

cute cute cute. and more cute. this is seriously cute.

I just noticed that Sunday is "Camera Critters" day, so I thought I'd post a few cuties of my own. On Thursday we took Csilla to Granville Island for a visit to the duck pond and to buy her a kite. She's been asking for a kite for ages, so we finally got her one at Kid's Only Market. I'll be sure to post some fun kite flying photos later in the week, but for now, I thought I'd share some of the sweetness we saw at the duck pond. Csilla just loves the duck pond at Granville Island. She would go every day if she could, but parking is a bit of a nightmare, so no thanks.

I think it's the first time I went somewhere with my camera where I took more photos of something other than Csilla than of Csilla herself (did that make sense?) Put another way, I took more photos of birds than of Csilla. The cute overload was extreme. Below you'll see mostly baby geese (goslings), but there's also one shot of some adorable little ducklings. Csilla just loved the ducklings, but mama duck had her babies carefully tucked away in the tall grasses on the other side of the pond for most of our visit. Smart mama. I wouldn't trust my babies with crazy camera wielding tourists either.

I have to say I was afraid for my life while taking a few of these. I'm not kidding. Trying to get close ups of baby goslings is scary stuff. The mama goose was never more than two feet away from her babies at any time and was on high alert. I'm sure if I'd moved too fast in any direction (especially towards any of her babies) I would have met with the business end of mama's beak in no time flat.

Thankfully, I was not attacked by mama goose and I did get a few good photos. I'd like to think that mama goose knew I was a loving mama myself and therefore felt her babies were safe in my presence.

Sorry I've posted so many photos, but I just couldn't choose which ones I liked the best. Enjoy! (Click to enlarge.)














Oh. And speaking of "Camera Critters", Csilla brought this little guy into the house the other day. She desperately wanted to keep him. We let the darling little snail slime along on her tea-party table for a while and then insisted that he (or she?) go back outside. Csilla burst into tears. Balazs and I had to put on a travelling circus to distract her enough to get her (or him?) back outside without Csilla noticing. It was traumatic. We won't be bringing any critters like this into the house again any time soon...



Thanks for looking.

Wait for me!


16 comments:

Jennifer H said...

There is nothing cuter than ducklings (the goslings are cute too, and I admire your bravery--geese are badasses!), except for maybe Csilla's hands.

I love these photos. That place is beautiful.

Carla Marion Peritz said...

OMG CUTE!

Retiredandcrazy said...

Love the duck, hate the snails!

Kaycie said...

Adorable. I even love the ones of the snails.

Retiredandcrazy said...

Hi, you've been tagged!

Daryl said...

LOVE the photos.. adorable ducks .. even the slimy snail is adorable.. dont ever tell Csilla people eat those thngs ..

:-Daryl

Jan said...

I love the critters. So cute for sure. You were very brave. Those momma goose are crazy sometimes.

The snail was better than the frogs known to be in our home from the boys. Trust me. So cute.

i beati said...

all splendid - the l;ook on that last gosling face - wonderful sandy

Sheen said...

This is soooooo cute... really cuuuttteee... lovely page... welcome to CC. :)

Misty Dawn said...

These are absolutely FANTASTIC photos! I love, love, love this post. You are definitely right about the cute overload.

The second photo is my favorite! That should definitely be blown up and framed.

aims said...

I laughed all the way through the pics Carolyn! They are just soooo cute!!

ped crossing said...

Love the pics. What kind of camera are you using? I need to replace mine.

Nervus Rex said...

Keep posting your pics, Carolyn!! You have a gift, and those are wonderful.

Corey~living and loving said...

ooooo so envious. I love each and every one of them. what length of lens did you have?

I am so envious because whenever I am around cute ducks and geese, I am usually alone with sugar and can't take my eyes off her long enough to get good bird shots for fear she'll fall in. sigh......

well done.

david mcmahon said...

I know Granville Island well. Kites were a big part of my childhood and I think you'll find a lot of information on them in my K Is For Kite post on ABC Wednesday some weeks ago.

Great pictures .....

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Adorably you! Your whole personality shines through how you take, present and comment on your photo's. It is terrific to see how much your comments have grown from all the publicity you are getting from the best of blogs awards - well done - you've won already even if you don't come first!