Wednesday, May 14, 2008

holy crap. vote for me!!

I'm so excited! Excited excited excited.

A while back menopausaloldbag "nominated" me for the Best of Blogs awards and out of hundreds of nominees for Best Mommy Blog, I actually made the cut. Okay, it wasn't hundreds, it was more like 54 and I actually nominated myself*, but that's beside the point. I am now a Top Ten finalist. Did I mention I'm excited?

There's no prize for winning, just a much needed and massive ego boost for me, so vote now and vote often! You can find my category here: Best Mommy Blog.

And while you're at it, be sure to stop by and vote for the hilariously irreverent menopausaloldbag who "nominated" me. She's up for Funniest Blog.

And how's this for more proof that I have great taste? Another one of my daily reads, Big Blue Barn West is up for Best Inspirational Blog, so please vote for the amazingly inspiring Aims too.

Like I said, there's no prize, but it sure would mean a lot to me to win. Yippee for much needed validation.

Gotta run. Csilla needs me to wipe her bum. Thanks everybody!

---------------------------
* MOB claims to have "nominated" me, but it seems her post didn't go through, so I nominated myself.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually you were picked out of hundreds. People nominated sites all over the place, not just under your particular category. Congrats!!
Bill Beck
Project Mgr.
Best Of Blog Awards

softinthehead said...

Well done - I will make sure I vote. :)

Kaycie said...

Excellent! Congratulations, Carolyn.

Kimberly said...

How cool is that?! Congrats! It is muchly, muchly deserved!

Jan said...

Holy TaMoly. Can I have a personal autograph before you become too famous. What do you expect? Your the best at what you do.. And that is make people want to be your best bud for life. :0)

I voted.. Oh yes I did.. And I'll vote tomorrow.. Oh yes I will..

YeeHaww and a Hip Hip Horray.

aims said...

Voted - again - of course!

Jennifer H said...

See, you were picked out of hundreds!

Huge congratulations...and now I'm off to vote.

Good luck!

Jen said...

CONGRATS on the nomination! You deserve it!! You are headed in the right direction to Oprah's stage! YAY!! I'm on my way over to vote for you now!! :)

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

You go girl! I've voted!

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Congratulations you bloody well deserve it. Now I did nominate you - twice as a matter of fact! Once before I told you about it and the second time after you told me that my first nomination hadn't gone through! God knows where they went! But never mind though it had the desired effect - I'll vote for you my sweet as you deserve this accolade for your brilliant and funny writing. Good luck!

Helena said...

WOW! Congratulations!

ciara said...

well, whether MOB nominated you or you did it yourself..it's deserved. i just voted for you! :)

Daryl said...

Oh Mr Project Mgr. WHO cares if it was actually hundreds ... she made the cut .. she's fabulous ... and I voted and I shall continue to vote .... endlessly voting.

:-Daryl

family affairs said...

Just thought I'd drop in and say congratulations and good luck with the votes. I too am on the top 10 mommy blogs and am equally exited to have got this far. ONLY 54 entries though? I'm gutted. I thought there were MILLIONS of us and NO PRIZE - are you sure? What about an award ceremony with a red carpet? If you win and get to go on Oprah can I come with you? Lx