Friday, July 11, 2008

sky dance.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

Eeeeek. It's almost midnight and I nearly forgot my Photostory Friday post. I better type quick and keep it brief. I haven't missed one yet.

Below are some photos I took this week of the paragliders that jump off the mountain near our home. Csilla just loves them and gets so excited when she sees the gliders in the sky. They always fly in the late afternoon. I assume the wind or the updrafts or the current (or something?) are just right at that time of day because it's the only time we ever see them. They land in a field not far from our home, so I think I'll make a point this week of taking Csilla to the field to watch them glide in. We did it last summer and Csilla's face was stunned when we talked to one of the gliding instructors who had just dropped from the sky. She looked as though she was meeting some sort of magical flying God. It was adorable. (And it didn't hurt for Mama that he was cute too!)

As for the photos...

I just loved the pair flying in tandem in the first few shots. It was like a beautiful dance in the sky.

And then, just as the twosome disappeared behind the trees, the next daredevil came swooping in. He/she was doing the most amazing loop-dee-loops all over the sky. It was very exciting to watch. I was almost fearful that something was wrong because he/she was all over the place.

You can see from the last shot how close they are to us. Even though I shot this with my zoom lens, the tree in the foreground is at the foot of our driveway and the glider was not so far beyond that.

Anyway... we just love to see the paragliders every summer. Hope you've enjoyed them too. Happy PSF!










12 comments:

Aoj & The Lurchers said...

Wow! They look incredibly dramatic against that sky!

aims said...

Yes they do look dramatic!

Kaycie said...

That sky is a gorgeous shade of blue.

Cecily R said...

That blue sky as the backdrop is STUNNING.

What a fun thing to watch from your driveway! Even more fun to watch them come into the field and drop from the sky!

I'm so happy that you play PSF every week!!! This was an awesome entry!!

carrie & troy keiser said...

Fun for you both. OK I want to see her face when she gets to see them land.

Jen said...

I love how blue the sky is! BEAUTIFUL!

Kimberly said...

I'm currently working on my list of things to do before I die and I'm adding that to the list!

Daryl said...

Nice ..

:-Daryl

Suzanne said...

I got dizzy just looking at those photos...you really captured the action of their flight!

Jennifer H said...

Beautiful to watch, at any age.

MamaGeek said...

I love that simple, blue, lovely sky. Free entertainment, from your home no less, tis always a good thing!

Maggie May said...

Brilliant!