Thursday, August 7, 2008

eleven good (and not-so-good) reasons why I haven't been blogging lately.

1. I borrowed my brother's macro lens. 'Nuff said.

2. I really don't miss any of you other bloggers or your blogs all that much. Complete lie. I miss all of you and your blogs like crazy. I lie awake in my bed at night thinking about you and all the great posts I'm missing. (I actually lie awake in bed thinking about Leonardo diCaprio but that's beside the point. I love you Leo.) And because I miss you all like crazy, I've been spending all my free time building a contraption to add more hours into the day. The whole project is top secret, but I will tell you that it involves marbles, playdoh and pipe cleaners. Oh. And washable markers figure in heavily too. But that's all I can say. Shhhhhhhhhh.

3. I got that prescription I asked you all about a while ago and apparently you're only supposed to take anti-anxiety medication when you actually feel anxious and not when you feel happy, sad, tired, reinvigorated, overwhelmed, silly, frustrated, goofy, apathetic, blessed, inspired or content (which are all of the things I have felt since I got the prescription last week). Because of this, I haven't been blogging. Instead, I've been lounging around eating bon-bons in an anti-anxiety medication stupor. Kidding. I kid. I'm a kidder. I got the prescription, but I haven't taken the pills for a test drive yet. In case you were wondering. (Hi Jen!)

4. Csilla went to the dentist today to have a cavity fixed. They sedated her and gave her laughing gas. I practically had a panic attack about the whole thing. (Here's where the anti-anxiety medication would have come in handy, but I was afraid to take the meds and drive a car so I played it safe and walked around feeling like I was going to barf and pass out instead.) Of course, Csilla was awesome at the dentist and completely fine. She handled the whole thing like a trooper. She even took a daytime nap today for the first time in more than ten months. Which also means it's almost midnight and she is still not asleep. Which also means I really don't have time to blog, but I'm busting out this post anyway. Question to self - is two hours of peace in the afternoon worth three extra hours of rambunctious play in the evening? *

5. Speaking of dentists, I haven't been blogging lately because I didn't think you all wanted to hear an enormous rant about how I was robbed at the dentist two weeks ago. Robbed. Yes, you read that right. Robbed. Apparently pediatric dentists think their time is worth $1,140 an hour. Yes, you read that right too. $1,140 an hour. Unless my arithmetic skills are seriously flawed, I paid $95 for a five minute consultation about Csilla's impending dental treatment last week. Ninety five dollars. For five minutes. Which according to my calculations works out to be about $1,140 an hour. And after I got f**ked at the drive-thru (old joke), they handed me the estimate for Csilla's actual treatment: one cavity drilled and filled plus seven dental seals, all while under sedation. Can you guess how much the estimate was for? Come on. Guess. Higher. Nope. Still higher. Getting warmer. Yup. Six hundred and fifty dollars. $650? Are you kidding me??? For a filling and some seals? Is that what pediatric dentists think they're worth these days? No offence if you're a pediatric dentist or you're married to one or one of your best friends is a pediatric dentist but, what? $650? You've got to be shitting me. That's almost a new lens for Mama. Whhhaaaaaaa! Can you tell I'm over it? I was seriously too angry to post about this when the whole thing went down. And after doing some phoning around and getting some second and third opinions, apparently that's what dental treatments for three-and-a-half-year-olds cost these days. Rantity rantity rant. And that's one of the not-so-good reasons why I haven't been blogging lately.

6. I got mauled by a bear while gardening. I've been gardening. I did not get mauled by a bear. In case you were wondering. (Hi Ped!) Actually, I have not been gardening. I've been taking photos of the garden. Does that count? But a bear did traipse through our yard the other day and sat on our fence, completely knocking in down in the process. Of course, it was the one time I wasn't out taking photos of the garden so I missed the whole thing. Grrrrrr. Bears have no sense of timing. Damn you bear!

7. Even though the weather has been gorgeous, I haven't been at the beach. And I haven't left for Hungary yet either. In case you were wondering. (Hi Suzanne!) In fact, I've been busy doing something else (see #9), which has (partly) had me trapped inside at the computer for hours on end. And when I wasn't working on the computer, I took a break and cleaned every square inch of our house. With Csilla two feet behind me. And talking non-stop for the entire time. Oh the joy.

8. I've been watching movies in the evening instead of sitting at the computer for the millionth hour of the day. Some of the movies were good. Some of the movies were not-so-good. And some of the movies were really long and really good (that's what she said). Hi Matt! I love you. Even if you have a girl's middle name.

9. I've been doing something super-exciting-awesome that I love which has been taking up absolutely all of my free time (and then some), but I'm really happy and excited about it because it's super-exciting-awesome and it's going really well. I might post about it tomorrow. If I have time. But I might not because I have to go do this thing I've been doing that's super-exciting-awesome at 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon. I did it last Monday and last Saturday and three times last week too. Did I mention it's super-exciting-awesome and it's going really well? But the super-exciting-awesome thing I've been doing has forced me to burn the candle at both ends and therefore something had to give so that's why I haven't been blogging.

10. I've been making silly lists.

11. I've been sleeping. Good night.

* I've just realized that #4 isn't really a good reason why I haven't been blogging lately. It's just a reason why I haven't been blogging today. I guess that makes it a not-so-good reason, but a reason none-the-less, right?

10 comments:

quilly said...

This entire post is a riot. I don't know what to believe and what not to believe, but I've never had so much fun getting confused.

softinthehead said...

No excuses - just keep blogging ( and this from someone who only manages a blog a week at the moment - has anyone else noticed it is summer!) :) )

Jan said...

We don't need excuses for living life. You are just living life right now. Poor you on the robbing. That is seriously wrong. I am glad Csilla is okay though.

Can't wait to hear the top secret news. How Nancy Drew like. :)

Take care and keep having fun doing what you are loving right now.

Daryl said...

WOW ... so many reasons ...

And may I suggest you deny Csilla sweets or let her go to sleep with a bottle of juice or even milk or get her to brush her teeth after each treats... I'm just saying 3.5 yr olds shouldnt get cavities ...

I am thinking I know what the top secret news is .... maybe


;-Daryl, who knows everything about kidlette raising, uh huh

aims said...

What are you talking about a bear in your yard? And you just so off-handedly say it too!

Girl - take those pills! They make life so much easier!

Jennifer H said...

My god, woman, I'm exhausted!

That dentist bill is atrocious. Crazy. (And to Daryl's comment--love you, Daryl!--I would just say that some kids get cavities and some don't. I swear to god it comes down to that, assuming basic oral hygiene. There's no good reason to explain why my kids have ever only had one cavity between them. Yes, I'm owning up to too many sweets...)

Why, oh why, didn't I go to dental school?

A bear? Yikes.

Kimberly said...

Emma's had to have similar dental work - the prices are insane!

Thanks for giving a wee taste of your loveliness before you wing off later in the month. You've been missed!

Jen said...

This post CRACKED ME UP as usual. You are just seriously so friggin' funny! I'm sorry you had to deal with the anxiety at the dentist, but glad that she did well and was a trooper. I'm glad your super-exciting-awesome. . . project/thing you are working on is going so well! That just makes me SO HAPPY for you! As for the bear in the yard. . . LOL. I agree. Damn that bear! I've had bears to that to me before. It's just not nice ;) Keep having fun and living life! Hope all continues to go well for you and hope Csilla doesn't get anymore cavities. Dentist=thief! JK!

imbeingheldhostage said...

I'm reading backwards, LMAO and wondering why you would go away when I've only just begun to be entertained by your posts?
The dentist. Wow, going to stop complaining about the military health plan now.

CrazyCath said...

I so miss you too. I am glad in some ways that you are on a go slow, because that way I stand half a chance of catching up on some posts!

I hope to find out what this thing is soon! Don't burn the candle in the middle. Could get painful.