1. I borrowed my brother's macro lens. 'Nuff said.
I really don't miss any of you other bloggers or your blogs all that much. Complete lie. I miss all of you and your blogs like crazy. I lie awake in my bed at night thinking about you and all the great posts I'm missing. (I actually lie awake in bed thinking about Leonardo diCaprio but that's beside the point. I love you Leo.) And because I miss you all like crazy, I've been spending all my free time building a contraption to add more hours into the day. The whole project is top secret, but I will tell you that it involves marbles, playdoh and pipe cleaners. Oh. And washable markers figure in heavily too. But that's all I can say. Shhhhhhhhhh.
3. I got that prescription I asked you all about a while ago and apparently you're only supposed to take anti-anxiety medication when you actually feel anxious and not when you feel happy, sad, tired, reinvigorated, overwhelmed, silly, frustrated, goofy, apathetic, blessed, inspired or content (which are all of the things I have felt since I got the prescription last week). Because of this, I haven't been blogging. Instead, I've been lounging around eating bon-bons in an anti-anxiety medication stupor. Kidding. I kid. I'm a kidder. I got the prescription, but I haven't taken the pills for a test drive yet. In case you were wondering. (Hi Jen!)
4. Csilla went to the dentist today to have a cavity fixed. They sedated her and gave her laughing gas. I practically had a panic attack about the whole thing. (Here's where the anti-anxiety medication would have come in handy, but I was afraid to take the meds and drive a car so I played it safe and walked around feeling like I was going to barf and pass out instead.) Of course, Csilla was awesome at the dentist and completely fine. She handled the whole thing like a trooper. She even took a daytime nap today for the first time in more than ten months. Which also means it's almost midnight and she is still not asleep. Which also means I really don't have time to blog, but I'm busting out this post anyway. Question to self - is two hours of peace in the afternoon worth three extra hours of rambunctious play in the evening? *
5. Speaking of dentists, I haven't been blogging lately because I didn't think you all wanted to hear an enormous rant about how I was robbed at the dentist two weeks ago. Robbed. Yes, you read that right. Robbed. Apparently pediatric dentists think their time is worth $1,140 an hour. Yes, you read that right too. $1,140 an hour. Unless my arithmetic skills are seriously flawed, I paid $95 for a five minute consultation about Csilla's impending dental treatment last week. Ninety five dollars. For five minutes. Which according to my calculations works out to be about $1,140 an hour. And after I got f**ked at the drive-thru (old joke), they handed me the estimate for Csilla's actual treatment: one cavity drilled and filled plus seven dental seals, all while under sedation. Can you guess how much the estimate was for? Come on. Guess. Higher. Nope. Still higher. Getting warmer. Yup. Six hundred and fifty dollars. $650? Are you kidding me??? For a filling and some seals? Is that what pediatric dentists think they're worth these days? No offence if you're a pediatric dentist or you're married to one or one of your best friends is a pediatric dentist but, what? $650? You've got to be shitting me. That's almost a new lens for Mama. Whhhaaaaaaa! Can you tell I'm over it? I was seriously too angry to post about this when the whole thing went down. And after doing some phoning around and getting some second and third opinions, apparently that's what dental treatments for three-and-a-half-year-olds cost these days. Rantity rantity rant. And that's one of the not-so-good reasons why I haven't been blogging lately.
I got mauled by a bear while gardening. I've been gardening. I did not get mauled by a bear. In case you were wondering. (Hi Ped!) Actually, I have not been gardening. I've been taking photos of the garden. Does that count? But a bear did traipse through our yard the other day and sat on our fence, completely knocking in down in the process. Of course, it was the one time I wasn't out taking photos of the garden so I missed the whole thing. Grrrrrr. Bears have no sense of timing. Damn you bear!
7. Even though the weather has been gorgeous, I haven't been at the beach. And I haven't left for Hungary yet either. In case you were wondering. (Hi Suzanne!) In fact, I've been busy doing something else (see #9), which has (partly) had me trapped inside at the computer for hours on end. And when I wasn't working on the computer, I took a break and cleaned every square inch of our house. With Csilla two feet behind me. And talking non-stop for the entire time. Oh the joy.
8. I've been watching movies in the evening instead of sitting at the computer for the millionth hour of the day. Some of the movies were good. Some of the movies were not-so-good. And some of the movies were really long and really good (that's what she said). Hi Matt! I love you. Even if you have a girl's middle name.
9. I've been doing something super-exciting-awesome that I love which has been taking up absolutely all of my free time (and then some), but I'm really happy and excited about it because it's super-exciting-awesome and it's going really well. I might post about it tomorrow. If I have time. But I might not because I have to go do this thing I've been doing that's super-exciting-awesome at 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon. I did it last Monday and last Saturday and three times last week too. Did I mention it's super-exciting-awesome and it's going really well? But the super-exciting-awesome thing I've been doing has forced me to burn the candle at both ends and therefore something had to give so that's why I haven't been blogging.
10. I've been making silly lists.
11. I've been sleeping. Good night.
* I've just realized that #4 isn't really a good reason why I haven't been blogging lately. It's just a reason why I haven't been blogging today. I guess that makes it a not-so-good reason, but a reason none-the-less, right?