Sunday, September 28, 2008

purple perfection.

I just read a post over at David's about a beautiful purple "mystery" flower that all of his smart readers (including me tee hee) instantly recognized as Clematis.

How did I know?

Well, because I've been taking photos of them all summer in my mom's garden. Clematis are by far one of my favourite flowers. They grow on lovely long winding vines that climb all over the rock walls and fences in our yard. Aren't they gorgeous? (Click to enlarge.)


Although the Clematis are indeed stunning, my all time favourite flower is actually an Orchid. Why? Because it reminds me of Hawaii and well, because they are just so gosh-darn beautiful!

So tell me, what is your favourite flower and why? Or better yet... show me!

(PS - I thought I'd whip up this five minute post for David because I really don't have time to be blogging right now. I'm trying to get all my photos edited for clients by the end of this week and then I'll have time to start sharing my Hungary photos with you. Can't wait to show you all of the beauty to be found there.)

11 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Thank you so much for this kind gesture. Really appreciate it.

CrazyCath said...

I love clematis, and thought it might be, but I hadn't the courage to say at David's. :(

These are beautiful. On my new blog I have my fuschia bush posted as Today's Flowers but I also love freesia and honeysuckle and roses. And more...

Including clematis. And orchids.
The list goes on!

Kelli @ Gohn Crazy said...

Beautiful shots of them. My favorite is the black eyed susan. I'm not exactly sure why but I have always loved them. I've always thought they are just as beautiful as sunflowers, but overlooked.

Kaycie said...

I have that exactly clematis in my front yard. I think they're beautiful, too. Gardenias are my favorite, though. I love that heavenly fragrance.

aims said...

Sunflowers and carnations.

Sigh..........sniff (oooh - that smells nice)

Jan said...

I love that clematis too. I just don't like the name. It always reminded me of a disease that you don't want to catch. But nevertheless, I love how clematis drapes itself across a side of a building, and then magically spreads out it stars shaped beauties all around. It is gorgeous. I love so many different flowers. It's hard for me to say which one is my favorite. I will think about that. Great pictures though Carolyn. I am hungry for Hungary pictures.

Hilary said...

Lovely shots.. and looking forward to seeing those Hungary pics. I can't say that I really have a favourite flower.. I love most wildflowers though, especially when several kinds grow together.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I love these Carolyn. I have a flower addict. I love everything in my garden from the weeds to the Iris's.

LOVELY!!

Jen said...

Such beautiful photos. . . as ALWAYS! You take the best shots!

My favorite flower is the Cala Lily! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I need to take some pictures of one sometime eh?

Daryl said...

Loverly ... and my favs are alternatively (depending on season) Anemones or Tulips or Freesia


:-Daryl

Potty Mummy said...

Beautiful. Not sure what my favourite flower is, but I do love briar roses (wild ones), and peace roses...