Thursday, January 15, 2009

happy belated blogiversary to me.

Dear Blog,

I started writing you just over a year ago and I became instantly obsessed. I visited you every day. I thought about you constantly. It was not always the most healthy relationship, but through you I met many incredible people from all over the world. I wrote some funny stuff. I wrote some not-so-funny stuff. I even had a little bit of a fan following because of you. Does 3 people count as a fan following?

And then, mostly through you, I discovered my new passion... photography. Without you I wouldn't have met other amazing photographers who inspired me to improve. I wouldn't have started carrying my camera everywhere so I could participate in Photostory Friday and PhotoHunt. I carried my camera everywhere so that you, my dear blog, would be colourful and interesting and fun.

And because I carried my camera everywhere, friends started to notice and wanted me to take pictures for them. One even suggested I get paid to do what I love.

So the photography took over and I started a business. And you, my original firstborn blog, took a back seat to my new adventure. And now I don't have time for you at all.

I miss you. I love writing. I love spending time crafting words and sentences. I miss archiving everything that goes on in my life through you. I never kept a diary until you, my dear blog, but because of you, I realize that I should have all along because I love expressing myself and my feelings with words.

So, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I've abandoned you for the more urgent need to express myself creatively through photography, while at the same time earning some much needed money.

But thank you. Because without you I wouldn't have known how to create my photography blog for potential clients to see my work. And without that new blog I wouldn't been fully booked until the end of April. Without you I wouldn't be doing something I love and enjoying it so much.

So although I miss you and all my blogging friends very much, I'm happy in my real life which is what I was seeking when I started writing you in the first place.

Please forgive me for not visiting more often, but remember, it's me, not you.

With that said, I am officially putting you into hibernation so I can stop feeling guilty every time I think of something I want to write about and don't. I'll be back when my business slows down or when Csilla goes to school full time. Whichever comes first.

In the meantime, try not to be to jealous of your younger sibling where I still post quite often.

Thanks for everything you've brought to my life in the past year. I wouldn't be where I am right now without you.

Love,

Carolyn

ps - I read a great post a long time ago about how to make your dreams come true. (Visit the post here... thanks for writing it Fracas!) I think about this post all the time and have been meaning to write about it ever since I read it. Every word is true. If you simply get busy being yourself and doing what you love to do, the universe will conspire to make your dreams come true. I had to add this because I didn't want to put you, my dear blog, into hibernation without at least linking to a post I thought was so terrific.

Ciao for now.

9 comments:

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

All the best you and good luck with the business. That is much moe important for now. It has been great getting to know you and come back when you get time. X

coastrat said...

Happy Blogaversary, Carolyn!!!

aims said...

Oh Carolyn! Having your dreams come true are worth far more than blogging.

I'm happy for you. Especially happy that you are so happy.

Congratulations on everything you're doing. I'm linking now to your other blog and then going back to read the great post.

fracas said...

I'm so glad you happened upon that post I wrote. I've visited your spilled milk photography blog and have to say some of your photos actually brought a tear to my eye... they are so beautiful; I wish I'd had the pleasure of knowing someone with your talent when mine were babies.

When I came across the quote I used in that post, It told me to share it. I often write something just because I have a feeling I'm supposed to write it, and then I just move on. I'd like to thank you for giving me the chance to know someone out there appreciated it.

All the best to you with your business; may the universe conspire to keep your dreams coming true!

Jen said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you Carolyn! You deserve all the past!!

By reading this I just realized I missed my Blogiversary! hee hee. I think we started around the exact same time. Although, you've come a lot further than me!

I haven't been into the blogging as much. Perhaps I should do a blogiversary post. . . belated that is. We'll see.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Happy Blogiversary, Carolyn! Please enjoy the time away from your blog - me thinks you'll remember and cherish that more. :)

::Jan:: said...

Happy Belated Blogaversary. I know you are having fun with the other child :)

zuke said...

OK, "your photog skills could fit in a thimble," but you've made a business out of photography.. Oh, and you have a blog that you actually keep up with, are funny in, and obviously understand how the bloggery world works.. I'm a professional photographer who knows a few things about the process, and I blog, but I suck at the bloggery, don't understand why when I am looking at YOUR blog, MY blog stuff shows up at the top of my screen, and I'm only funny looking.. We have a mutual friend who advised me to take a look see at your blog and that's how I found myself here.. You really should write and get paid for it.. In due time I'm sure.. I would link to your blog but I haven't the foggiest idea how to, so I'll just stop in from time to time.. By the way, your photography is actually pretty good.. All it takes is a good eye for moments in time and that you have..

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....